Airline and hotel loyalty schemes occasionally offer some pleasant additional benefits that very few people know about.
These occasionally manifest as additional points hauls on stays or flights that you weren’t expecting, but often you need to be a little more proactive to snare them.
A very good example of this is the free Amazon ebooks that are available to ALL IHG Rewards Club members based in the UK or the United States.
What’s your free Amazon ebook entitlement?
The free Amazon ebooks are offered as a tiered benefit to IHG Rewards Club members, as follows:
- Club members (i.e. any instant joiner) will receive 1 free download bi-annually
- Gold Elite members will receive 1 free download per quarter
- Platinum Elite members will receive 2 free downloads per quarter
- Spire Elite members will receive 3 free downloads per quarter
What free ebooks are available?
The book list refreshes every quarter, and you’ll find a decent range of novels and non-fiction in there. You can also see the Amazon reviews of the books, to make sure you’re not downloading a dud (and even if you get that wrong, they are free of course).
So go and have a look to see if anything interests you. Even if you have no status whatsoever with IHG Rewards Club (and indeed have just joined), you’ll be entitled to one free Amazon ebook straight away.
This quarter, I went for the following:
How do you get the free ebook?
The Kindle ebooks are available via the IHG app, which you will need to download.
You then need to:
- Sign in to your IHG Rewards Club account
- Click on your name in the top right corner to navigate to the Account Management page
- Scroll down to Your Extra Benefits: Kindle Singles